Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Stuff

Here is our Chilly, taking a snoozer near the tree. The tree that still is not decorated other than lights. :) A few years ago, we started to collect the Department 56 Dickens Village series. Rick built a table with 2 tiers. I made all the brick work to look just like the ones Dept. 56 sells, along with roads, ponds, and even a snow hill. We have lots of fun collecting and setting it up every year. It's one of my favorite things at Christmas.









3 comments:

Linda Fleming said...

Love your Christmas city. My husband's parents had the whole collection and it filled their house. After they died it was donated to their local library to be displayed each xmas. Chilly looks so pretty napping under the tree.

Sammi said...

I love your Christmas villages - makes me want to start a collection, and your "spoiled" dog is beautiful. Seeing him/her look out the window at the snowy scene made me think of the article I just wrote about protecting your dog in cold weather. If you're interested you can read it here.

Bear said...

Karen
your Christmas villiage is magnificent darling- I havent seen these before- something that hasnt travelled to downunder and you and Rick certainly have made it so beautifully with the additons
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxoxox