Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Kitchen

Ohmygosh I can't believe I haven't blogged since March!! I have so much catching up to do, but right now I'm looking for some opinions for my kitchen. Never mind my awful pics. lol Here are pics of the new color red, white cabinets and the new off white floor. The back splash is black and white tiles, painted over a few years ago from blue with gloss paint and sealer. You can see in the adjoining living room, that we are remodeling there also and that the walls are gold. I am going to go about 2-3 shades darker with the gold. I would like to coordinate the 2 rooms to kind of go together. Any ideas for the window treatment and chair covers? I love plaids and stripes, love to mix and match those. How much of the gold should I bring into the kitchen without overdoing it?? Any ideas would be helpful! Also, I put up a pic of the new bed Rick made us. Isn't he talented?? He has made other furniture for us and I will get those pics ups some time. Thanks!









3 comments:

Sprite said...

Hi Karen! It looks lovely! You'll have to rest up to do mine next ha ha ha. Jk ;) The bed is a beauty!

I am not great at decorating but would say a few subtle touches of gold in the kitchen would be perfect enough to tie it together. Maybe in a picture, the frame, a vase...If you could find brownish chair covers with hints of gold and/or even red, that might work too!

Maybe some subtle splashes of red in the living room too?

Big help I am huh?! :D

Big hugs,
Sprite

Shashi Nayagam said...

Looking lovely Karen. Your hard work has paid up. As for decorating hmmm I am not very good at advicing about colour co-ordinating.

zedon said...

Hi this is really good topic related to the wood dog beds . it will help us allot i really appreciate that article and share with my friends.